Monday, February 4, 2013

Legendary Pancakes

I love lazy days.  Today has been what my mom would call a "sock day."  Hanging around the house, doing laundry, watching movies, etc.  I suppose I'm making up for my over-achieving Sunday which consisted of going to church, making a cake for a friend (my first "order" yippee!), running 6 miles, going on a date with my husband, and catching the tail end of the Super Bowl before finally hitting the sack.  So, yeah, I think today's lack of accomplishment is well-deserved.


On easy mornings like today, when I'm not rushing to get out the door to preschool, MOPS, or anywhere else on time, I love to make pancakes.  I've experimented with several recipes.  But this is the one that gives me the most consistent results, and tastes the most like its wheaty, buttery, milky counterpart.  I absolutely love them.  My kids devour them, and my husband who rarely eats breakfast before leaving for work, always stops for one or two of these on his way out the door.


Steph's Legendary Pancakes 
1 1/2 tsp egg replacer + 2 tablespoons rice milk
3/4 cup coconut milk (preferably vanilla-flavored) + 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups Basic Gluten-Free Flour Blend
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

1.  Mix egg replacer with rice milk and set aside.

2.  Mix coconut milk with vinegar and set aside.

3.  Whisk dry ingredients together in a large bowl.

4.  Mix wet ingredients together in a medium bowl.

5.  Combine wet ingredients with the dry and mix with a wooden spoon until smooth.

6.  Scoop onto a lightly greased griddle.

I like to make a lot, let them cool, then freeze them in fours or fives.  They do freeze really well!





No comments:

Post a Comment