Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday Muffins - Banana Oat Muffins (or bread)

Monday Muffins

I decided my blog needed something fun, something catchy, something that was just mine.  So, since I bake a lot of muffins, I came up with Monday Muffins.  Clever, right?  Every Monday I will post a new muffin recipe that is of course free of the top 8 allergens, and tasty as all get out!

Today's muffins are a deviation from a banana bread recipe that I love.  Who doesn't love banana bread, right? Upon going gluten-free, banana bread was, and still is, one of the goodies I miss the most.  My mom makes amazing banana bread.  I wish I could have a piece right now.  Instead I have these tasty treasures.  They are a close second, though I will admit nothing will ever beat my mom's!

Start with the basic dry ingredients.  Take a nice picture, be sure to get a snippet of chocolate chips in there, those will come in handy later.


Next up mix together the wet stuff.  I liked this picture.  I liked it so much I saved as my wallpaper on my phone.  Is that weird?

Blend it all together.  Looks boring.  Looks like mush.  But smells so good.  And is going to taste even better. 

Especially now that you added these.  See, I told you they would come in handy! 

And now you have a nice batter.  Isn't that lovely?

Banana Oat Muffins (or bread)

1 cup Basic Gluten-free flour blend
1 cup oat flour
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
½ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons egg replacer mixed with 4 tablespoons rice milk
¼ cup canola oil
¾ cup rice milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium-sized bananas)
1-2 cups chocolate chips, if desired (they are always desired in my house!)

11.    Preheat oven to  325 for muffins, 350 for bread.  Spray muffin tin or loaf pan. 
22.   Mix together the flours, xanthan gum, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.  Set aside.
33.  Blend the egg replacer mixture with the oil, rice milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix on medium about 1 minute.
44.  Add the mashed bananas.  Blend on low about 2 minutes.  The mixture will be lumpy. 
  5.  Gradually add the flour mixture.  Blend completely on medium speed.  Pour the batter into the pan.
66.   For muffins or mini-muffins bake 20-25 minutes for muffins, 45-55 minutes for bread. 











No comments:

Post a Comment