Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday Muffins: Gluten-Free Cornbread Muffins

I have to admit, this one's a cheat.  Crazy, busy life leads to taking shortcuts here and there.  Last week for MOPS I needed to make some sort of side dish.  I figured cornbread fit the bill, and since I was short on time, energy, and resources due to not making it to the store, I went with a package of Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Cornbread.

I'm not usually a fan of prepackaged gluten-free anything, particularly Bob's.  But, given the circumstances, I used it anyway with some modifications.  I have made this mix in the past and every time it turned out dry.  This makes for a great crumble topping for chili or soup, but not so much if you are to be eating the bread as....well, bread.  So, I added some liquid, lowered the temp, and hoped for the best.  

I think I'm on to something.  I will definitely make these again.



Steph's Version of Bob's Gluten-free Cornbread Muffins
1 (20 oz) package of Bob's Red Mill Gluten-free Cornbread Mix
2 cups Rice Milk
1/3 cup canola oil
3 teaspoons egg replacer + 4 tablespoons rice milk

1.  Preheat the oven to 325.  Grease or line a muffin tin 9 (I used a mini muffin tin)
2.  Place the entire package of cornbread mix in a large mixing bowl.  Add the milk, oil, and egg replacer.  Mix on low speed until combined.  Beat another 30 seconds on high speed.
3.  Pour into muffin tin.  Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.

As usual, I made extras and put some in the freezer.  Worked out nicely! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment